Sustainable & Responsible Tourism
Tourism companies around the world understand the impacts that tourism can have on the host country. WAVE Expeditions appreciates the need to develop sustainable tourism practices.
"Responsible tourism aims to…
- Minimize negative social, economic and environmental impacts.
- Generate greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities.
- Improve working conditions and access to the industry.
- Involve local people in decisions that affect their lives.
- Make positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage embracing diversity, provide more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues.
- Be culturally sensitive, encourage respect between tourists and hosts, and build local pride and confidence.